You’ve probably noticed that the majority of casino advertisements will provide some kind of bonus or free money in order in order to encourage you to begin playing. Like most things in this world, nothing really comes free, so before you start taking advantage of this money for free and then become angry because you’ve been scammed, I suggest that you read on and learn how this all works.
The first thing you might wonder: why casinos online provide such “free” money?
It’s an element of their marketing as well as differentiation strategies. In short that is, online casinos are typically “skins” of a specific software vendor, meaning that behind the various owners of the casino, their graphics, licensing, etc. underneath, there’s no distinction between, let’s say all Playtech casinos that use Playtech software or all Microgaming powered ones.
Therefore, if they’re almost identical under the hood, there ought to be a differentiating factor that can convince you to play at “X” online casino and not “Y”. In addition to the graphics, licensing as well as support and reputation. casino bonus another way to pitch to prospective customers is to offer them something, in this case, a reward.
Once you’ve got the issue out of the way then the next question you can consider is: Ok, so Casino X is offering $5,000 free, perhaps I’ll sign up, collect my $5,000, try it out, and go into Casino Y.
The answer to this is quite straightforward as well. In order to get bonuses in any online casinos, you’ll usually need to make a deposit, or unless you’re told that you aren’t required need to, but we’ll talk about the subject later.
Before we get into the beef of the various types of bonuses available by online casinos, there are a few extra terms and points you should be aware of, so you’re able to discuss the details with a support rep prior to claiming a bonus to make sure you know the situation and what you’re claiming.
1. Wagering requirements: Most bonuses require wagering or playthrough, meaning that you need to wager a certain amount before you are able to take money from your account. On average wagering requirements are generally between 15 and 40 times, but pay attention to what you must bet. In some cases it will be just the bonus multiplied by X. In other instances, you’ll have to wager the bonus amount plus the deposit amount more than X. The latter , however, is more typical.
Another fact to be aware of with regard betting requirements that at most online casinos, if you request a withdrawal before you have completed the wagering requirements, all your winnings from the day before will be forfeited. Although it’s not exactly fair, this is the way it is.
2. Games played: Make sure to read the T&Cs in this case. Because slots games are generally the most profitable game for casinos online, bonuses are generally applicable only to slots games. The majority of scratch cards and keno are in line with this rule.
In other situations you’ll be permitted to use your bonus on any game, but some games may not count 100% towards playthrough requirements. For example , slot machines will count 100% but roulette will only count 30%. This means you’ll need to wager over three times more in order to clear the wagering requirements and cash out your winnings.
3. Minimum deposit requirements: In most cases for you to be eligible for a bonus you will be required to deposit an initial deposit that again can vary. It’s generally a small amount, which you’ll most likely deposit anyway. It’s usually not over $50.
Now that we’re sharing the same space and talking the same language, it’s high time we reviewed the primary types of bonuses offered by all casinos online.
1. A Match bonus is the most well-known kind of bonus. Each time you deposit a dollar the casino will credit you with at X% of what you put in by the casino. If, for instance that casino Z is offering a 100% match bonus make a deposit of $100 and the casino will offer you 100 dollars in bonus money. This means that actually start playing with $200. Match bonuses are almost always restricted to a maximum amount of bonus that you are able to be eligible for. A match bonus could be a standalone bonus as part of an ongoing promotion (more than usual in US friendly online casinos) or as part of the welcome bonus
2. A welcome bonus is generally offered by most, if not all online casinos to new players who sign up and deposit their first money in the online casino. Welcome bonus is the total of the potential match bonuses you may accrue as a brand new player in the casino for the course of a certain time, or in the course of your first deposit, or an amalgamation of both that is, if the casino offers a welcome bonus of $3000 this is the maximum you’ll get from the first deposit bonus as well as the second deposit bonus monthly bonus etc. if you deposit the maximum amount of any match bonus you will reach the advertised welcome bonus. If you deposit less than what is required for the maximum bonus amount in each step, you’ll never be able to reach the value advertised as the welcome offer. So, in fact, the welcome bonus represents the MAXIMIUM amount you are eligible to claim in bonus funds in your first few days of play with the casinos.
3. The No Deposit Bonus is fairly simple to explain. It’s a bonus that you can get by an online casino that will enable you to enjoy real money games without having to make a deposit. This is an excellent option for casinos online to attract new players since they can test the casino without having to deposit money. In certain countries, it is a way to solve some of the “trust” issue casino players face with online casinos. Many players who feel comfortable depositing and playing at one casino online will be wary when trying out another one that they haven’t played before. Others players aren’t keen to make a payment without testing out the software and games which is why a bonus that doesn’t require deposit can definitely help here. Certain casinos provide no deposit bonuses as part of their regular offering , while other casinos steer away from such bonuses because they say they tend to draw the wrong kind of gamblers, i.e. players who do not have the intention of playing for real money in the first place and also that they put stress on the support team with little or no benefit. The truth lies somewhere in between and that some claim to have no deposit bonuses for a variety of reasons.
The majority of no deposit bonuses are for a pretty small amount, usually $10-$15 and they can be offered to potential customers directly by the casino or by websites affiliated with the casino. The bonuses do not come with requirements for wagering that you have to meet before you can to withdraw your winnings if you’re lucky.
4. Play only or Sticky bonuses are bonuses that are not able to be withdrawn out of your bank account. If you happen to get lucky and want to withdraw and receive a bonus, the amount that you earned will be subtracted from the winnings. Let’s say you claimed the $50 sticky bonus and got lucky bringing the balance of your account to $500. You’re now looking to withdraw your winnings and go celebrate with friends. The online casino will allow you to withdraw $550 from your players account. Any amount less than $50 as the sticky bonus amount, is void. Play only bonuses are usually bigger than match bonuses, and the wagering requirements lower.
5. Payment method bonus The bonus offered by payment methods was originally commonplace at Playtech powered casinos and has spread to many others as well over the years. Alongside depositing at an online casino with your credit or debit card, there are many electronic options most of which offer instant fund transfers without the associated hassle and large fees. Many of these alternative payment options or alternative payment methods, as they are often described, provide services to people who don’t have a credit check and you can transfer funds from your bank account in a discreet manner. There are pre-paid cards that you can buy at a kiosk. Just for using alternative payment methods, you can receive an extra 10-15% on every deposit you make in addition to any other bonuses you get. Be sure to check the cashier’s section before you join an online casino that you’ve never played at , as this may certainly be beneficial to you.
6. The majority of online casinos offer a Loyalty/VIP Club system that lets you redeem bonuses for points you accumulated while playing. The more you play and win, the more points you earn , and the better the conversion rate of points-to-bonus.
It is essential to verify the terms and conditions of the online casino you are playing at or planning to play at as often you won’t be able to withdraw your bonus or the bonus money could be docked off your winnings.
Okay, so I’m certain that you’re wondering how you can make the most of the benefits of this, but here’s a flip side of the coin. Casinos online are very vulnerable to abuse of bonuses which is also known as bonus whoring. This is done by the players. Similar to being removed from a physical casino for counting the cards for instance, you could also get your players account locked in an online casino upon the very first suspicion of abuse of bonuses. You need to remember that at the end of the day gambling is an entertainment activity and is meant to be enjoyable and thrilling. It’s not a day job and you can’t really earn money in the casino. Bonuses can add to the excitement and excitements and at the time of day, are merely a tool for marketing. You can claim them, and have fun with them, add to the excitement, but don’t anticipate to you to be richer.